Sunday, July 29, 2012
Re-start to my weight loss
I have been struggling with being over weight since I was in Elementary School. Growing up in a dysfunctional family had a major impact on the way I viewed food, as a comfort. I admit that I am an emotional eater. I eat when I am hungry, stressed, mad, sad, and even bored. I tend to go towards sweets and fast food that taste good at the time; but what makes me feel guilty every time I eat them. And then I eat again since I feel so bad. Hence, the vicious cycle. I have lost 20 pounds and kept it off. Having a condition that causes me to have migraines frequently is a constant battle. If I continue to gain weight, I could literally become blind. Having support from my boyfriend, family, and friends is what is giving me the momentum to push through and not give up. I don't want to end up blind or have cancer and diabetes like my mom had. I want to have a family of my own one day. So, today I vow to re-start my weight loss journey to a healthier me. The hardest is passing temptation. I am trying to give up soda, which is so hard for me and not as easy as it may sound to others. I am going to try new things when it comes to working out like yoga and Zumba class. Passing up the vending machines at school is hard, but if it means leaving my wallet at home then I will. I am tracking my calories at Loseit.com, and will weigh myself weekly. I will have a weekly post update. I know God has a plan for me and he wants me to have a full healthy life. I am fighting for my life each day with the choices that I make. Each day is a challenge I will overcome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment