Sunday, August 5, 2012

A roller coaster week


This past week has been a roller coaster type of week. Each day was different in the way of feeling good or bad. I did not work out once this week, however I have been very diligent with watching what I eat (for the most part). Thursday I had a horrible migraine that almost had me bed ridden, yet I pushed through it. Friday was just an overall emotional day. I was missing my mom, I was thinking about all that I have missed with my dad and him not being a part of my life, and the fact that I am almost done with school just all of a sudden hit me all at once. I showed my emotions at work, embarrassing as that was; and I ate bad food on Friday. However, despite it all, I still lost 3 pounds. For me, the portion control is helping as well as staying away from caffeine as much as possible. I had been drinking a lot of diet pop to get me through the work and school week; but that is all catching up to me. I am determined this week to go to the gym no matter how I am feeling or how tired I am. I seem to give up to easily when it comes to either of those. I had a great weekend seeing my sisters, which helped with the emotional side. The constant support from my wonderful boyfriend helps me get through each day. And while sometimes I call him a "terrorist", I know he is making sure I keep up with everything because he wants me to live a long and happy life with him.  Each day is a struggle. In my mind, I know that I am doing this for myself and my future family. I want to live a good life, where I am not in pain every other day. This week, I won't give up when it comes to exercise. This is a week of pushing myself no matter what kind of a day I am having. This is just another step in my journey. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey, wondering how u're doing with this? I'm struggling HUGE! I really need a good motivater!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Val! Every day for me is a struggle. And since I am an emotional eater, it is ten times harder to watch what I eat whenever I am down or stressed. I know to keep track of my calories and watch eating too many carbs. I also now know that keeping active helps alleviate stress. In fact, it gives me tons more energy and puts me in a better mood too! I recently bought a weight loss Yoga Dvd at Target for $13. Let me know if you want to know the title and I can forward it to you (can't remember at the top of my head lol). And I am here if you ever need to talk. We can both do it! Just don't give up!

    ReplyDelete