Sunday, August 26, 2012
The week of the vicious cycles
This week has been a vicious cycle type of week. During the work/school week I am always so tired, especially by around 8pm. It has been hard this past week to get in the frame of mind to push past the fatigue and keep going. Monday was the only day I walked. While I have been watching what I eat, by the end of the night I have slacked and gotten too tired to count my calories. So, I did not lose weight this week, but I did not gain any weight either. I am not too happy with myself. How can I get out of this slump? I get up a lot during the night, get up for school at 6am, work until 7pm and fit exercise and homework in there somewhere. I know that once I do work out I feel better. Thursday, for example, I was so tired from lack of sleep I was in bed by 8pm. I have been trying to work on relaxation techniques that my sister, Jenny, told me to about. By the end of the night, however, I am so tired that I just plop into bed. Is there a routine I am missing? How can I make this work? I have been thinking of exercising on the days I don't have class. That way I won't be so stressed about trying to fit it in on a school night. I have also been stressed about my internship coming up soon and the possibility of me having to quit work. After talking with both my sisters, I have been trying to think of it in a positive way. This is a new chapter in my life. Scary, but exciting. I am doing this for my future and the future with Daniel and children we may have. I think I have been letting stress take a hold of me. Moving forward, I am going to do things that make me more relaxed like reading or bubble baths during the week to help not be so stressed. And sticking with the walking/exercise will help too. I just have to get into that frame of mind. I am continuing with the yoga and am going to get a Zumba dvd for Wii. Daniel's support through all of this has been amazing. Without his constant reassurance and strength, this journey would be ten times harder. I am so thankful he is in my life. This week will be a week of change.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment