So, it has been a while since I have last posted. I have been on an emotional roller coaster when it comes to my eating. I have gone through a job change and,just a month ago, a chemical pregnancy (very early miscarriage). After finding out about the miscarriage, I went straight to food again for comfort. I was wallowing in self pity and it still upsets me from time to time. However, I realized how destructive I was to my body, especially when it came to eating more and more fast food and more processed food. When I weighed in at the doctor a while ago, I was not happy at all (yet not surprised) at the results of my weight gain. I was getting more and more migraines and feeling sick almost every day. It was time for a change!
Last Saturday I decided to go back to weight watcher meetings. This holds me accountable by being weighed in every week and being with others who are having the same struggles with eating. The fact that I have acknowledged that I am an emotional eater means there is something I can do about it. I have to be more conscious about what I eat. Keeping a food diary has helped me as well as drinking more water to give myself more energy. And while I am still sad regarding the miscarriage, there are other ways to cope with that than going to food.
I now work with people who are also conscious of their eating habits. We hold each other accountable every day and also work out together (this will become more frequent for me now since I gained control of my migraines). Every day is a struggle, but I can overcome the challenges by taking it a day at a time and knowing how many support me through it all.
No comments:
Post a Comment